[OpenSIPS-Users] t_on_failure and 401 Unauthorized

James Thomas jthomasdpu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 15:25:59 CEST 2016

Hi, I'm trying to have my front end opensips server fail over to
different backend registrar servers when one registrar server is <turned
off/unresponsive>.

I thought I could make t_on_failure trigger after the timeout waiting for
the response from server 1. Unfortunately when server 1 is UP, the 401
challenge is being treated as a failure so everything always fails over to
server 2. Is there a better way? Will need the same for INVITE etc. I tried
a few combinations of t_on_reply, checkstatus, etc to no avail.

Any quick and dirty solution is fine for now, we have a planned power
outage tonight in the DC that hosts registrar server 1, but any info about
the "right way" to do it is also appreciated. This is hardly production or
critical-only a handful of endpoints- mostly experimental for now.

Thanks.