[OpenSIPS-Users] Does OpenSIPS support RFC 5626 (Require Outbound)

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 04:58:01 CET 2016

I was doing some testing with Snom phones to try and get the phone to
register to two Edge Proxies at once.  With Snom you are able to configure
multiple outbound proxies for a user.  Snom sends a REGISTER to the first
proxy without issue but the 200 response back from OpenSIPS doesn't have
the following header

When I read RFC 5626 I see the following is required

The UAC examines successful registration responses for the *presence*

*   of an outbound option-tag in a Require header field value*.  Presence

   of this option-tag indicates that the registrar is compliant with

   this specification, and that any edge proxies which needed to

   participate are also compliant.  If the registrar did not support

Jennings, et al.            Standards Track                    [Page 15]

------------------------------

  <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5626#page-16>

RFC 5626 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5626>
Client-Initiated Connections in SIP       October 2009

   outbound, the UA has potentially registered an un-routable contact.

   It is the responsibility of the UA to remove any inappropriate

   Contacts.

So the issue I see with the Snom phone is that it registers with the first
Edge Proxy but doesn't send a REGISTER
request to the second Edge Proxy. I figure this is because it is not seeing
the
"Require: outbound" in the 200 response.