[OpenSIPS-Users] nat issue

Miha miha at softnet.si
Tue Nov 15 08:11:24 CET 2016

Hello

i need one info.
I have one phone behind NAT and it is registered on OpenSIPS. IN
register packet, which is send to OpenSIPS I can see contact:
"sip:11181600519 at 192.168.0.101:5060;transport=UDP"

and let says that the public ip for this device is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

When opensips sends INVITE it send to right public ip and right port
(source ip and source port generated by router). The issue is this:
Invite is like:  "sip:11181600519 at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060;transport=UDP"
and this request is then fw to this UAC behind router. The UAC replays
to this INVITE with 404 Not found as it is waiting to receive the same
URI which was written in contact (the userpart is ok, put the ip is
public, not private and this is the issue).From what I can see in RFC
this is the case.

Till now Idid not have any issues with this, but now I found first phone
which replays with 404 and from RFC point of view there should be
private ip request :) . So is there anything I can do :)?

tnx
miha