[OpenSIPS-Users] What is the module to fix SDP ?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Thu Mar 31 20:02:07 CEST 2016

Hi Alex.

That is the point. We have just decided what to do:

We will have a STUN server in the same hardware where is OpenSIPS and a softphone (this softphone will talk to others softphones from Internet). Such hardware will be connected to a switch and such switch will have a public IP.  The switch will work as a NAT. OpenSIPS and the main softphone will be behind this NAT. So, when the main softphone communicates with other one from Internet, this one will have to fix the SDP (IP and PORT) so that the one from Internet will be able to send its media to the right end point. This work of fixing SDP will use the STUN + ICE.

Our intention is to implement direct media. We cannot implement a media relay in our hardware because it doesn't have sufficient resources for this kind of relay.

Tell me if it is clear and if it sounds good, please.

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software