[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSips Reply logged 4 times and not sent back to originator

Chandan PR chandan.pr at webshar.org
Sun Jul 10 10:43:29 CEST 2016

Hi Guys,

Our Load Balancer configuration is as below:

route{
if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("3")) {
send_reply("483","looping");
exit;
}

if ( has_totag() ) {
# sequential request -> obey Route indication
loose_route();
                t_relay();
                exit;
        }

        # handle cancel and re-transmissions
if ( is_method("CANCEL") ) {
if ( t_check_trans() )
t_relay();
exit;
}

        # from now on we have only the initial requests
        if (!is_method("INVITE")) {
                send_reply("405","Method Not Allowed");
                exit;
        }

        # initial request
record_route();
# LB function returns negative if no suitable destination (for requested
resources) is found,
        # or if all destinations are full
        if ( !load_balance("1","channel") ) {
             send_reply("500","Service full");
             exit;
        }
t_on_reply("test");
        # arm a failure route for be able to catch a failure event and to
do
        # failover to the next available destination
        t_on_failure("LB_failed");

        # send it out
if (!t_relay()) {
sl_reply_error();
}

}

onreply_route[test] {
xlog("Reply $rs received from $si for the call $avp(iurl)");
}

In the opensips.log file, for some of the calls I see the reply 200 logged
4 times. And whenever that happens, the same is not sent back to the
originator of the call.

At the end of the day some calls are ending up in ambiguous result codes as
they don't receive 200 OK. And all the calls in this category, we see the
reply 200 logged 4 times in the log.

Any clue on what could be the issue?

Regards,
Chandan