[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS and Asterisk integration versions

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 22:20:52 CEST 2016

Hi Nabeel,

Point 1 I cant imagine how those lines possibly relate to no media error in
asterisk, I guess it depends on your config setup.

The logical answer to your point 2 would be Asterisk realtime. However this
is not going to be as staraight forward as making asterisk use subscriber
table for voicemail since thats not how asterisk realtime works.

You can tell asterisk which table to point to when finding a vmail box but
that table needs to have voicemail related columns.
There could be more complicated ways to instruct asterisk to do what you
want can be, for example, ARI /AGI/custom dialplan and IVR. However, all of
those should be discussed in Asterisk mailing list.

The OpenSIPS integration guide did serve it's purpose in showing you the
path, agreed that it should be updated but I believe OpenSIPS team is doing
much bigger things. Your efforts here might be very helpful to alot of
people.

Regards,
Sammy
The last error message has been solved by removing the following lines from
opensips.cfg:

     if (!db_does_uri_exist()) {
>                        send_reply("420","Bad Extension");
>                        exit;
>                }
>

>                t_newtran();
>                t_reply("480", "Temporarily Unavailable");

Now voicemail seems to be working, but only if manually adding users to the
voicemail.conf file. So the following questions remain:

1. Adding "limit = 1" to sipusers mysql view resolves a database error. Is
this the correct way to fix the error for voicemail integration?

2. How can voicemail.conf file be configured to use variable substitution
for all users in the OpenSIPS subscriber table?

Nabeel