[OpenSIPS-Users] MenuConfig Compile Fail on Solaris Sparc

Nathaniel L. Keeling III keeling at akan-tech.com
Tue Jan 5 06:18:43 CET 2016

I am trying to install Opensips 2.1 on Solaris Sparc 10 and I am getting
this error when I perform "make menuconfig":

# make menuconfig
Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . .
/bin/sh: proto_: not found
make -C menuconfig
make[1]: Entering directory
'/usr/local/src/opensips/opensips_2_1/menuconfig'
gcc -o configure -m64 -Wcast-align  -mcpu=ultrasparc  -g -Wall
-DMENUCONFIG_CFG_PATH=\"menuconfig/configs/\"
-DMENUCONFIG_GEN_PATH=\"etc/\" -DMENUCONFIG_HAVE_SOURCES=1 cfg.o
curses.o items.o commands.o menus.o parser.o main.o -lncurses
initscr32                           main.o
w32attron                           curses.o
w32attroff                          curses.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to configure
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/src/opensips/opensips_2_1/menuconfig'
Makefile:720: recipe for target 'comp_menuconfig' failed

The version of ncurses install is 5.9 and I have gnu m4 version 1.4.17
installed.

Thanks

Nathaniel