[OpenSIPS-Users] Automatic support for UDP->TCP when MTU size reached?

Gavin Murphy gavin.murphy at newnet.com
Mon Feb 29 20:34:46 CET 2016

Hi all,

     I did a search on this and the most recent discussion I saw was
from 2010, so I figured I would pose the question again: is there a way
to have OpenSIPS automatically adjust the transport from UDP to TCP when
the request size is within 200 bytes of the MTU size, as per section
18.1.1 of RFC 3261? I understand that NAPTR could be used to select the
most desirable transport based on the destination, but what about based
on message size? If it isn't supported automatically, is there a way to
determine the message size just ahead of it being relayed so as to
perhaps be able to alter the transport?

Thanks,

Gavin