[OpenSIPS-Users] [INFO] Outage on gmail accounts

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Dec 5 04:47:54 EST 2016

Hi all,

This morning (~2h ago), all the gmail accounts from the Users mailing
list were automatically unsubscribe by mailman (our mailing list
engine). Unfortunately this happened due a misunderstanding between the
gmail mail server and the mail server of one of the mailing list
subscribers. The gmail mail server was rejecting some posts on the list
due DMARC inconsistency with the sender. These rejects were interpreted
by mailman as excessive bouncing, leading to all the gmail account being
unsubscribed.

As soon as these mass-unsubscription was discovered, we manually
re-subscribed all the accounts (after ~1h after the initial event). No
further action is required from our subscribers.

We do apologize for this inconvenient.