[OpenSIPS-Users] Bare Bones

Alexander Shukaev opensips at Alexander.Shukaev.name
Fri Oct 30 01:22:57 CET 2015

So far I've made some good progress and I would like to share it.  Big
thanks to Travis for pointing me into the right direction.

It turns out that I had

STORE_PLAINTEXT_PW=0

which is a natural setting for production I guess.  Hence,

modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")

is no longer valid.  It should rather be

modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", no)
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "ha1")

Don't forget to stop 'opensips', then

sudo opensipsdbctl drop
sudo opensipsdbctl create

and again

sudo opensipsctl add 1234 1234
sudo opensipsctl add 5678 5678

and start 'opensips' again.  Then it really starts to work with the
registration in Ekiga.  Finally!

Next, I moved to testing the communication between those accounts.  To
do this, in addition to Ekiga I installed Linphone.  So, through Ekiga,
I register 1234 and add 5678 to contacts, while through Linphone, I
register 5678 and add 1234 to contacts.  It turns out that there is
another strange problem now.  Within Linphone I can both IM and call
from 5678 to 1234 (Ekiga) and in Ekiga I can read those IMs and accept
calls accordingly, while within Ekiga I can neither IM nor call from
1234 to 5678 (Linphone) as for IMs, for example, I get sometimes either
"NOTICE: Could not send message: Unauthorised" or  "NOTICE: Could not
send message: Forbidden".  I attach the Wireshark log for the
"Forbidden" case.

Regards,
Alexander