[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips change the order of requests

Patrick Wakano pwakano at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 19:05:31 CEST 2015

Hello Opensips list!

I already explained my scenario in this e-mail (
http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/users/2015-October/032859.html) where
the Ack was propagated with wrong CSeq number when using the in-dialog ping
options. Vlad did a great job and already correct this bug! (
https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/680)

Now in a scenario where I disabled the in-dialog ping, I faced another
issue. I mentioned that sometimes, due to unknown reasons, when I received
a Re-Invite immediately followed by an Update, the Update gets forwarded
first. The problem is that, since CSeq numbers are not altered, when this
inversion happens, my peer rejects the Re-Invite because its CSeq number is
lower than the Update one.
Probably Opensips has to respect the ordering of in-dialog requests and
forward them accordingly, instead of handling them asynchronously and
forwarding right away...

Best regards,
Patrick