[OpenSIPS-Users] What choise? MediaProxy module or RTPProxy module?

Eric Tamme eric at uphreak.com
Thu Oct 15 19:39:15 CEST 2015

Mediaproxy and rtpproxy serve identical purposes.  They both can act as
a relay to help relay media between clients on different NAT's. If you
dont want to relay media when clients are behind the same nat - you must
inspect the SDP on your proxy and chose not to use a media relay.

If you have clients behind 2 different NAT's it is generally not
possible to pass media without using a relay server.

-Eric