[OpenSIPS-Users] What to choose: Nat Traversal, Media Proxy or Nathelper ?? I need a direction.

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Thu Oct 15 14:47:21 CEST 2015

Dear OpenSIPS-Users,

I'm working in a project that needs to use OpensSIPS, SIP over TCP,  softphones behind NAT, and video transmission between the sip proxy and the softphones as direct media.

As I'm completely new to NAT traversing and direct media, I wonder what is the first module to study?

Nat Traversal, or Media Proxy, or Nathelper?

What of these 3 modules will be really necessary, to provide direct media, when using SIP over IP and peers behind NATs?

Any hint will be very helpful!

Regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center