[OpenSIPS-Users] Security related

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Mon Nov 23 10:24:24 CET 2015

Hi, John!

1. No, it is not taken care by the module internally.

2. opensipsctl is run only locally, so I don't think you have to worry
about that. On the other side, mi_datagram communicates plain-text over
the internet, so I understand your worries. However, there's not that
much you can do on the application side. The only thing that I can think
of is to guide that traffic throug a VPN tunnel.

3. This depends on the command you are running.  You can run opensips as
a non-priviledged user and still run exec, as long as that user has
execute rights on the script/binary you are executing.

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com