[OpenSIPS-Users] How to make OpenSIPS despise (ignore) the domain of UAC during the registration?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Tue Nov 17 21:14:00 CET 2015

Dear OpenSIPS_Users,

In my OpenSIPS, I have created the following configurations:

In opensipsctlrc file

================

SIP_DOMAIN=localhost

STORE_PLAINTEXT_PW=0

In OpenSIPS config file

===================

#### AUTHentication modules
loadmodule "auth.so"
loadmodule "auth_db.so"
modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", 0)

modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "ha1")

I intend to avoid password as plain text be recorded in the database.

I also intend to let OpenSIPS run and works, in different domains. That is, my configuration should works for different IP addresses. That is why I use 'SIP_DOMAIN=localhost'. So, every time a new user is added to the Registrar, a wrong IP address will not appear in the database.

However, this configuration does not allow an UAC register and be online.  The UAC gets unauthorized (401) as response. I guess this is due to the fact that ha1 is calculated using 'localhost' and the UAC tries to register using an IP address. So, I suspect that OpenSIPs is comparing the domain gotten form ha1 and gotten from the SIP Register message. How to solve this problem?

How to make OpenSIPS ignore the domain specified by the UAC, for SIP REGISTER?

What I need is to make OpenSIPS consider just login and password to accept a register. Is it possible?

Any hint will be very helpful!

Thanks a lot.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center