[OpenSIPS-Users] SIP fork and APNS

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 08:14:15 CET 2015

Hi all,

I hope to realize a scenario as follows. Several users register with the
same SIP ID. When someone calls the SIP ID, all the users will receive the
INVITE request. Such SIP forking is supported by OpenSIPS. However, in my
scenario, we have some users registering via iOS app. Thus, these users may
be in the iOS background mode. In this case, they are unable to register and
I need to employ APNS to try to let these users in the iOS foreground mode.

Consider some users are already online and some are in the iOS background
mode. SIP forking will send INVITE to only the online users and will not
send to those users who register after entering iOS foreground mode from iOS
background mode. In other words, SIP forking will not send INVITE to those
users registering with the same SIP later than the INVITE was received by
the SIP server.

Has anyone encounter any issue like this? Any comment is greatly
appreciated.

Best regards,
Chen-Che