[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips 1.11 on Centos 6.6, running but not listening?

bluerain frank21118 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 16:41:43 CET 2015

I am currently running Opensips 1.9 on Debian Whizzy, but as stated on my
other thread, I am getting some weird error which opensips would suddenly
stop working.

So, I am starting a new installation of Opensips 1.11 on Centos 6.6 using
the yum install method:

1. I was able to install yum opensips install with no issue, but there are
some module it didn't install which I need (e.g. db_unixodbc and db_mysql
and httpd)

2. So I went ahead download the source and all the dependency files needed
and re-complie the oepnsips to get those .so files

3. After some tweaking of the database table structure and some other stuff,
I was able to get opensips 1.11 running without error (on the message.log
file)  using my 1.9 config file.

So I did opensipsctl restart (just to make sure opensips starts)
I see:

INFO: Restarting OpenSIPS :
INFO: stopped

INFO: Starting OpenSIPS :
INFO: Removing stale PID file /var/run/opensips.pid.
INFO: started (pid: 2079)

but when I try to use a VoIP device to register to it, it doesn't response.
thus I did:
"sudo netstat -plnt"

The only think I see that opensips is listening on is port 8888 by PID 2080
(I don't see 2079 at all)

So what is happening?  why no error and it seems opensips running but yet is
not listsening on port 5060?

I have 2 nic card and eth0 is the one with public IP and the default route
where as the eth1 is the one with private IP and no default route.  Thus I
am sure everything is route out of the eth0 (public IP).

When I do simply the command "opensips", it would simply return:

Listening on
             udp: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:5060
Aliases:
             *: (my FQDN):*

So it looks like it think is listening on port 5060 but is not?

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Thank you!