[OpenSIPS-Users] Simple questions before adopting OpenSIPS.

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Wed Jul 15 16:43:38 CEST 2015

Dear OpenSIPS-users,

This is my first contact in this mailing list.

Yesterday I was watching the video OpenSIPS Kick Start, from Youtube, and I have collected all needed instructions to install and configure it.
But, before deciding to adopt OpenSIPS, I have to be sure that such SIP Proxy will be enough to my current requirements. So, tell me whether the following statements are true or false, please:

1 - The OpenSIPS has some kind of script, as an Asterisk dialplan, to let the programmer handle calls and SIP messages. True or false?

2 - By using OpenSIPS, it is possible to get information from a SIP message (EX: SIP MESSAGE body content, or SIP 183 message header field, etc), to save it in a database, or text file. True or false?

3 - By using OpenSIPS, it is possible to create a sort of ring group implementation where users are dialed and first one to answer will get the call. True or false?

4 - By using OpenSIPS, it is possible to let one callee answer the call, in a ring group implementation, and immediately cancel the ring of the others callees. True or false?

5 - Let's suppose all callees, in a ring group implementation, are softphones that reply with SIP 183 after receiving SIP INVITE. By using OpenSIPS, during a sort of ring group implementation where users are dialled at same time, the OpenSIPS will forward each SIP 183 message to the caller. So, if the caller calls N callees, it will receive N SIP 183 messages. True or false?

6 - OpenSIPS can use MySQL. It can use SQLite too. True or false?

7 - OpenSIPS has some integration or provide some way to use ICE. True or false.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software
Ph: +55 35 3471 9200 RAMAL 979     (Brasil)