[OpenSIPS-Users] Async Event route_replies

DanB danb.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 18:39:31 CET 2015

Hi Bogdan,

I cannot claim IPR of the idea since we are using it already inside
CGRateS with another proxy so it was not invented by us :).

The process should be something like: when OpenSIPS sends out an event
over a connection, it should be also possible to receive data (answer or
not) over these connections.
OpenSIPS should make the events received (replies or not, depending on
the script admin to identify them) somehow available in some script
routes where we can pick up parked transactions (sharing the ids via the
replied events).

We use such scenario for call authorization inside billing (send
call_auth to billing engine and receive maximum duration for it).
Processing the answer is done in the script and whole thing would happen
asynchronously, hence not anymore depending on the time it takes for
billing to process the request.

Another usage would be for dialog kill when the funds available for the
calls are emptied on billing side. The same event_route will receive the
disconnect request from billing side, will identify there the dialog and
kill it.

If this two way communication would be not suitable for events
infrastructure which you have already developed, would it be possible to
"wake up" the transaction over MI and send it to a script route plus
setting some avps for it maybe?

Thanks for your thoughts on this!
DanB