[OpenSIPS-Users] Multi-Proxy Environment Routing

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 01:31:21 CET 2015

Before I try to reinvent the wheel I wanted to see if there is already a
way to do this.

For redundancy I have two Proxies and I am using DNS SRV with Proxy01
weighted higher so that it is the primary that all clients register and
use.  Both proxies use the same location database.  In the event of a
failure on Proxy01 all clients would register with Proxy02.  Everything is
fine but what happens when clients register time expires and they start
re-registering with Proxy01 since it is weighted higher.  So now some
clients will be registered with Proxy01 and some with Proxy02. Everything
will work fine but what if Client01 (who is registered with Proxy01) calls
Client02 (who is registered with Proxy02)?  I think the INVITE should do
the following

Client01 -> Proxy01 -> Proxy02 -> Client02

On Proxy01 I could look in the location database to see what is set in the
"socket" field and then route it to Proxy02 but I was wondering if there is
already a way to do this?