[OpenSIPS-Users] rtpproxy sends rtp from caller to callee before 200OK

Marco Hierl marco.hierl at mrnetgroup.com
Wed Jan 21 15:07:11 CET 2015

Dear all,

first of all I need to apologize that I was not able to find information about this issue although I’m sure that I’m not the first one complaining!

The caller is sending an INVITE via OpenSIPS and rtpproxy_offer() is executed, callee answers with REPLY 180 or REPLY 183 (with SDP) and rtpproxy_answer() is made. In this status it should be ok that the rtp stream from callee to caller is transferred via the rtpproxy (e.g. for announcements), but I can see that rtp stream from caller to callee is transferred too!!! This means that there can be a conversation without receiving the 200OK and what is the real problem: that means (at least for me) they can talk to each other without any charging !! A timer will stop the conversion after the a while, but this can take time.

How can I overcome this problem? How can prevent RTP to be send to the callee before REPLY 200 is received?

I can’t find any help in the RTPproxy protocol http://www.b2bua.org/wiki/RTPproxy/Protocol, nor in the rtpproxy module description in OpenSIPS.

Thanks for your ideas, and best regards
  Marco