[OpenSIPS-Users] [opensips_cp]: It works! EUREKA!

Markus Klaus Schäffauer markus at mkschaeffauer.de
Tue Jan 13 17:42:31 CET 2015

Hi all,

thanks to your help, the opsensips control panel is working now - so far
as I can see!

What was the problem? I still do not know it.

I followed the recomendation and echoed the values of $dns - there
everything was correct.

Then I changed the name of the opensips database to ___opensips as
recomended, too. The error message was the same.

So I gave up until a few minutes ago, when I simply changed the name
back to opensips for trying another thing.

Only for curiosity I wanted to see wether I could login or not. I
couldn't in the first attempt, but got a "wrong password" message. And
when I repeated the login with the right password admin, voilà, the menu
is there and I succeded finally to login.

What was the matter? No idea. May be I had written wrong the name of the
database? But in the script of opensipsctlrc I can verify that there is
correctly indicated "DBNAME=opensips"...

So I still have no idea, what was going wrong, but I adored your help!
And it helped me to get the thing working.

One last question: Do I have to open a particular firewall-port (I am
using IPTABLES) and do speciall stuff for securing opensips?

Thanks a lot to you all!

Regards,
Markus