[OpenSIPS-Users] Dialog default timeout issue

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Feb 3 10:39:26 CET 2015

Hi Chen-Che,

Those logs are really relevant to your dialog expire problem. What those
logs say is that some timer routines (like ds-pinger or tm-timer) took
very long to execute ( like 2 or 4 seconds) and this leads to delays in
the execution of the following timer routines (the timer process gets
delayed). This is a limitation of 1.x OpenSIPS versions, where timers
are executed in sequential order in a single process (and if one gets
slow, it will affect the other too).

The ides is to address the timer routines reported as being slow. The
tm-timer can be moved into a separate process :
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.9.x/tm.html#id294499
For the dispatcher pinger - how many destinations do you have in the
list ? also, do you have some TCP destinations in there ?