[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips Dispatcher and PVAR pattern for load-balancing.

DHAVAL INDRODIYA dhaval.it01034 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 17:59:42 CET 2015

Hi Razvan,

Thanks for reply. I will test this on my script a quick question on this is
if we have multiple destinations how to define a weight of each how
dispatcher will take into considerations.

Let say i have two destination and following entry in DB.

ID          SOCKET               WEIGHT      PRIORITY
1          sip:1.1.1.1:6060        100            1
2          sip:2.2.2.2:6060        200            2
3          sip:3.3.3.3:6060        300            3

How Load balance distribute a call let say we receive 10 cps ?

Any help appreciated.

Best Regards,
Dhaval

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 7:24 PM, Răzvan Crainea <razvan at opensips.org> wrote:

> Hi, Dhaval!
>
> A use case for this algorithm is setting the pv_algo_pattern as shown in
> the documentation page[1]:
> modparam("dispatcher", "pvar_algo_pattern", "$stat(load_%u)")
>
> This parameter indicates that whenever you are using a ds_select_*()
> function with algorithm 9, OpenSIPS will check the load for each
> destination, and order them based on each value.
> For example, consider we have two destinations: sip:1.1.1.1 and
> sip:2.2.2.2. Algorithm 9 will evaluate for each destination the following
> pvars:
> $stat(load_sip:1.1.1.1) and $stat(load_sip:2.2.2.2) and order them based
> on its values. Then of course, first picks the least used one.
>
> All that's left for you is to update the statistic accordingly. For
> example:
>
> if (ds_select_dst("0", "9"))
>     update_stat("load_sip:$dd", "+1");
>
> Hope that's clear now.
>
> [1] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.1.x/dispatcher#id293975
>
> Best regards,
>
> Răzvan Crainea
> OpenSIPS Solutionswww.opensips-solutions.com
>
> On 12/18/2015 01:05 PM, DHAVAL INDRODIYA wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> I am working on opensips dispatcher and found that dispatcher is able to
> do loadbalancing in function ds_select_dst.
>
> I have found a good description on DISPATCHER module itself it says  - " *The
> pvar_algo_pattern parameter is used to determine the load on each server.
> If the parameter is not specified, then the first entry in the set is
> chosen.*"
>
> Now the question here is how to use this load balancing and what should be
> exact value we need to put in pvar_algo_pattern?
>
> How to define weight in table I mean what should be value of weight in
> table it is like number of call handling capability?
>
> I have found some of the reference and that some how not working i might
> be using in wrong way if any one have a good example then would be a great
> help for me.
>
> ​BR,
> DI​

Best Regards,