[OpenSIPS-Users] Use of socket_info and local_contact columns in the active_watcher table

surya chauhan.suryaveer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 05:28:44 CEST 2015

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for giving time to this.

Yes, we are planning to test it in HA mode. Keeping 2 opensips and a single
DB. So, SUBSCRIBE can go to any of the two.

So, if it is never retrieved by any query while notifying then does it mean
that it uses whatever it receives in the SUBSCRIBE request?

But, I see the problem when the server startups and it restores the db
subscriptions in hash tables. In this case one of the server will have wrong
socket_info.

BTW, I really do not understand the use of these two columns, because what I
see in my table is socket_info and local_contact columns have values
*udp:192.168.254.134:5060* and *sip:192.168.254.134:5060* respectively. And,
obviously 192.168.254.134 is the server on which opensips is running. But,
on some other question in the forum I found these two columns having
different values of ip.

Thanks,
Surya