[OpenSIPS-Users] Issues with internal timer ticks

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Aug 7 18:58:56 CEST 2015

Hi Collin, Hi Vitalii,

On long run, the OpenSIPS timer is not design to guarantee alignment
with the external time flow. The internal timer is design for measuring
timer delta intervals (rather than against the original time).

As the timer is looping on ~1 second, after 100000 seconds, that ~
accumulates and become significant. Not to mention that the timer
process is subject to the "realtime-ness" of the Linux kernel.

May I ask way is this a problem ? Once again , the timer is design for
measuring internal delta-time intervals (usually seconds or minutes), it
does not want to be a replacement for a clock!