[OpenSIPS-Users] SIP and RTP Proxy without local user base

Roman Dissauer roman at dissauer.net
Fri Apr 24 17:17:36 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I’m running a centralized Freeswitch based PBX for use on several sites. All phones register against this Freeswitch instance.

Now I want to install SIP and RTP Proxies on every site to keep RTP traffic locally on site. Registration should still be done by freeswitch. Can anybody give me a hint if this is possible with opensips and rtpproxy?

Maybe I can clarify it a bit more:
----------------
|  Freeswitch  |
----------------

       |    Public Internet

       |--------- Phone 3 external

------------------
| Firewall / NAT |
------------------

----------------
|    Proxy     |   Site 1

       |--------- Phone 1 internal
       |--------- Phone 2 internal

Phone 1 - 3 are all registered at Freeswitch
Phone 1 calls Phone 3: SIP and RTP over Freeswitch
Phone 1 calls Phone 2: SIP over Freeswitch but RTP over Proxy

Does this make sense?

Thanks,
Roman