[OpenSIPS-Users] CDRtool

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Tue Sep 30 16:32:56 CEST 2014

Rating in real time involves many database and other operations depending on the complexity of the rating tables. Pushing 60 calls per second in a residential scenario will yield a lot of simultaneous calls. You can handle the traffic of many residential subscribers at 60 cps. I am personally surprised you were able to do this on one machine.

You are trying to use the application in a high density trunking scenario and is no wonder you hit a limit, the application was not designed for being used in such scenario. The idea was to be able to handle 2/3 calls for discrete SIP devices belongs to one SIP account, where each SIP account corresponds to a SIP device like a cable modem used by residential subscribers. You are pushing it to do things beyond its design envelope.

You should better use the quota system with postpaid rather than real time prepaid for what you describe as it makes little sense to have prepaid balance calculated in real time for high density trunks that generate lots of traffic and associated costs.

Adrian