[OpenSIPS-Users] using TCP/TLS in a large scale deployment

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh1017 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 13:55:51 CEST 2014

Hello,
I am in process of designing opensips which can handle a million users,
hypothetically 200,000 registrations and 500CPS capacity. I've been reading
a lot and learnt that TCP design is blocking and not suitable for huge
volumes.
My requirement was to have TLS between endpoints and Opensips and hence
riding over TCP is the only option. I needed some expert suggestions on
what things should be taken care of when planning a large deployment over
TCP.
I have built similar stuff on UDP and I trust it heavily as it has
performed perfectly as expected. But when it comes to TCP I'm a bit
clueless.
I've read about lot of global parameters that is now available for
asynchrous tcp operations. Is it really helpful when planning for scalable
environments??

Thanks for any suggestions !!

W/regards,
Jayesh