[OpenSIPS-Users] Message compression in OpenSIPS 1.12

Ryan Bullock rrb3942 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 00:25:07 CEST 2014

I think all the items proposed in the first section would be great
additions. The items in the second look more implementation specific, but I
can see the uses.

I think that items 1a and 1b should also have the reverse options present
as well. Normalize everything to long form and expand all headers. I think
this would be great for interoperability as some older platforms struggle
with short form (or mixed form) and consolidated headers.

Also, the ability to specify all the options in section 1 on a dialog
direction would also be great. I.E create_dialog("sL") would compact all
headers to short form for the caller side and normalize everything to long
form for the callee side. create_dialog("lS") would do the opposite. The
idea here is that support for a format is going to be endpoint specific, so
being able to set it once at dialog creation would be helpful.

Regards,

Ryan Bullock