[OpenSIPS-Users] Have one registration contact per device in usrloc

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh1017 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 17:15:27 CEST 2014

Hi,
I am trying to solve a problem of having one registration per AOR per
device. So user 1234 can register from device A, device B and device C. But
the user 1234 should not have multiple contacts from device A alone.
At times when the device loses network, proxy doesn't receive de-register
and the contact stays in opensips till its expiry time. So the same device
is thus capable of creating multiple contacts. I could solve this by using
"fc1" flag while doing a save("location") but I need multiple registrations
to be allowed from different devices !!
So is there a way where while doing a save("location"), I set some sort of
device id along with it such that I identify and overwrite the existing
contact only if the registration comes from same device-id or else add it
up for parallel forking.
Do let me know if I make sense here and there's a solution to this. Thanks
for any suggestions and directions.

Thanks,

--- Jayesh