[OpenSIPS-Users] how to make a phone call to between two different domain sip server

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Nov 3 07:26:14 CET 2014

Hi Michael,

In SIP, each SIP server does server a certain set of SIP domains
(defined as FQDNs or IPs). Let's assume phone A registers with proxy A
using domainA and phone B registers with proxy B using domainB.
To have a call from phone A to phone B, A must dial B at domainB - so when
the call will land on proxy A, proxy A will see domainB is not locally
served and it will forward to proxy B (responsible for domainB). This is
call inter-domain DNS based routing and it is covered by the OpenSIPS
default script.