[OpenSIPS-Users] Registration stale nonce

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu May 29 12:51:44 CEST 2014

Hi Alexander,

"Stale nonce" is not an error actually - it means the nonce is no more
valid . This may happen because:
     - it is expired
     - it was reused by UAC for more than one auth

If OpenSIPS detects such a case, it sends a new challenge with a new
nonce (and state indicator) - the UAC must simply re-authenticate with
no problem