[OpenSIPS-Users] Presence: "xmlns" attributes inside <tuple> element not compliant to RFC3863

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Mar 12 08:24:01 CET 2014

Hi,

On Mar 11, 2014, at 7:38 PM, Martin Stock wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
> >> With OpenSIPS 1.10 the namespace attributes are not defined inside the <presence> element. Referring to RFC3863, Section 4.1.1 (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3863#page-5) IMHO this is not intended.
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean. What attributes are not defined?
> >
> In the RFC the xmlns attribute is only described for the <presence> element.

The xmlns attribute is part of the XML standard and can be used in any element to define namespace mappings.

> >> I don't find any UA that works with this <presence> element.
> >>

> > Any client based on SIP SIMPLE Client SDK (such as Blink) works with those documents.
> >

> Yeah, sorry, it's my fault. I only looked in my traces. Now, I have visually confirmed (e.g: Jitsi) that the user has changed his status.
>
> I never saw before, that a client/server wrote his namespaces in the <tuple> element.

The document is schema compliant, so I'd say it's a client problem.

> >> Is this a bug or are there options to tweak this?
> >>

> > What do you need to tweak? (the encoding bug aside)
> >

> We have a lot of soft clients in use, that are not capable to handle presence elements with this structure. E.g. the Ninja or Juggler soft client are not working and those are not based on the SIP SIMPLE SDK.
>
> Is it possible to tweak the structure of the <presence> element in OpenSIPS 1.10?

It's not possible. You'll have to modify the C source. If you make a patch which moves the namespace declaration to the top and that increases interoperability I'll gladly land it.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects