[OpenSIPS-Users] New MediaProxy release 2.6.0

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Mar 4 19:30:46 CET 2014

Hi,

On Mar 4, 2014, at 5:44 PM, Nick Cameo wrote:

>>> TLDR: yes, that should work.
>
> Should I stop doing jumping jacks? Saul being the idiot savant that I
> am when it comes to
> "grey areas". Let's just assume for one sec that the IP address where
> I have OpenSIPS + MediaProxy installed is 192.168.2.76 (No, not IANA
> public IP), my own private IP.
>
> And let's also say my public IP address is 74.25.121.2. Furthermore,
> all packets within 8000-65535 UDP range that are sent to 74.25.121.2
> from the outside world get sent to my private IP address 192.168.2.76
> (ie, 1to1, nat, port forwarding, call it what you want).
>
> Will we have parameters using OpenSIPS + MediaProxy to shape the SDP
> payload to specify the public IP addresses for packets going out to
> WAN, and private ip addresses to LAN as we do with OpenSIPS and
> RTPProxy.

No, you can only advertise one IP address. You can either advertise the WAN address using the new setting, or let MediaProxy pick it, in which case it would use the private one (in your case).

> If so, I need to see it to believe it. Can you please post, or direct
> us to migration installation config, parameter setting documentation
> kindly. Pretty please :)

Looks like what you want is to advertise the WAN address some times and the LAN address some other times. That's currently not possible.

Cheers,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects