[OpenSIPS-Users] New MediaProxy release 2.6.0

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Mar 4 16:38:16 CET 2014

On Mar 4, 2014, at 4:15 PM, Jeff Pyle wrote:

>   * Added ability to relay traffic to selected routable private ranges
>

> Does this mean it will pass traffic between a public interface and a private interface, effectively bridging RTP between the two different networks?  This is very similar to rtpproxy's bridging feature, something I'd love to see.

Hi Jeff,

That might be a nice side-effect of the actual feature :-) Previously, if a device is in a private network no packets were relayed to him in user-space, so the conntrack rule would never be established. This is still the default behavior, but if you list the local networks in the config file, MediaProxy will relay the first packets in user-space regardless, and if the conntrack rule will be established.

We have used this feature when some PSTN gateways were located in private IPs.

TLDR: yes, that should work.

Cheers,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé