[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS + MediaProxy: "dispatcher.socket" not being created

Gary Patton gpatton.public at outlook.com
Mon Jul 21 03:22:28 CEST 2014

Hi all.  OpenSIPS 1.11.1 and MediaProxy 2.6.1.
My OpenSIPS creates the opensips.sock just fine.  I don't believe my OpenSIPS is creating the "dispatcher.sock" properly or at all.  After I do a "/etc/init.d/opensips restart" command, I look in the /var/run/mediaproxy/ directory and I never see the "dispatcher.socket" in there.

Here's one of the error message lines from my opensips.log:
>>Jul 20 19:44:50 opensips1 /usr/local/opensips_proxy/sbin/opensips[9476]: ERROR:mediaproxy:mediaproxy_connect: failed to connect to /var/run/mediaproxy/dispatcher.sock: No such file or directory>
The strange thing is that I always get a
INFO:core:daemonize: pre-daemon process exiting with -0
and my SIP softphones register with no problems and I can make calls.
Any direction on what to look for, research, or reconfigure would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Regards
Gary
=====