[OpenSIPS-Users] loadbalancer module and SUBSCRIBE

Bobby Smith bobby.smith at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 00:06:27 CET 2014

Greetings list,

I'd like to be able to load balance subscribes across the same set of
servers I'm using to handle calls with the loadbalancer module.  I think
I've read somewhere (I haven't looked at the code yet) that the
loadbalancer module only handles dialog creating INVITEs, and not dialog
creating SUBSCRIBES (for sip presence).

How do others achieve this?  Through the dispatcher module?  It would be
really nice to reuse the current mechanism we have, because I want dialog
load balancing behavior to be consistent over the pool of servers we have
servicing both functionalies for.

I think a lot of the other modules have problems with SUBSCRIBE as well.
 An initial dialog-creating subscribe (for long running subscriptions)
doesn't create a dialog when create_dialog() is called from the routing
script, which seems to cause some re-SUBSCRIBE messages later on to have
issues processing 200 OK's back (not getting to the right place).  So are
SUBSCRIBES not supported at all from within the dialog module
infrastructure?

Thanks,

Bobby