[OpenSIPS-Users] CDRTool - Rating Origination and Termination differently

David Lee (digium) dlee at digium.com
Wed Jan 22 19:58:09 CET 2014

Duane Larson wrote:
> I have been playing with CDRTool for a while but I am not sure if it is
> possible to rate Origination (Inbound) calls differently than Termination
> (Outbound) calls from my SIP Provider.  For Origination I pay 0.0035 and
> for Termination I pay 0.005.  Keep in mind these costs are for destination
> "1”.

I've recently run into nearly the same situation.

I tried overloading the Sip-Application-Type field, but it's limited
by the supportedApplicationTypes array in cdr_generic.php. There also
seems to be hard coded logic for the different application types.

I think I will patch CDRTool so that you can have subtypes of
application types (audio.inbound, audio.outbound, etc.). This would
allow the billing rates to be a bit more specific for these
situations.

Thoughts?
--
David M. Lee