[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy and parallel forking

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Jan 7 10:30:45 CET 2014

Hi,

On Jan 7, 2014, at 9:43 AM, John Quick <john.quick at smartvox.co.uk> wrote:

> Can someone please explain how engage_media_proxy works when there are
> several branches - using parallel forking.
> Does a single call of engage_media_proxy apply to any branch that answers
> the call?
> What if some of the UA's are behind NAT and others are not - can Mediaproxy
> be activated per branch by calling use_media_proxy in the branch_route?
>
> I am working with OpenSIPS versions 1.8 to 1.10.

If you are using engage_media_proxy, then media proxy latches on the dialog module to enable / disable media relying. It can work with parallel forking, as long as you don't have multiple early media replies. In that case IIRC media proxy would pick the last one.

You can call use_media_proxy from the branch route in case you want to implement your own logic.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects