[OpenSIPS-Users] SDP change issue

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 08:49:00 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I'm encountering an issue as follows. In the system, there are one SIP
server (OpenSIPS) and multiple RTP proxies. Each RTP proxy serves for one
region and the users in that region will use the corresponding RTP proxy for
media streaming relay. To achieve this, I make the users in the same region
have the same prefix in their SIP numbers and create a mapping between the
prefix and the RTP proxy. With such setup, users will be served by a close
RTP proxy and the latency would be reduced. By setting the RTP proxy set
(id) to the corresponding prefix, such a scenario can be realized. However,
in the system, the RTP proxies listen on private interfaces for security
concern (an RTP proxy and some other applications run on a host behind NAT).
Thus, I need to rewrite the SDP connection IP with the corresponding NAT's
public IP for the RTP proxy. To do this, it seems somewhat complicated to do
configuration. I would like to know whether OpenSIPS has any built-in
mechanism for this issue (prefix + RTP proxy + NAT public IP). Many thanks
for any comment.

Best wishes,
Chen-Che