[OpenSIPS-Users] FreeBSD 9 meets OpenSips

Torsten Hantzsche thantzsche at petitenet.de
Sun Sep 29 11:54:09 CEST 2013

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013, Jens Sauer wrote:

> i'm planning to setup OpenSips under FreeBSD 9 jail. I cann't find an
> official port. Before i spend 'hours' of trying ... has someone
> successfully installed Opensips [1.6 .. current] under FreeBSD in the
> past ?

Hi,

in the recent months I was playing around with OpenSips mostly for tests
and learning SIP. And of course I wanted to have it running on FreeBSD 9.

These steps worked for me:

- checkout the GIT repository
- cd <opensips-repository>
- gmake menuconfig
- check/uncheck all desired flags and modules in "Configure Compile Flags"
   and "Configure Excluded Modules"
- set the path under "Configure Install Prefix" to "/usr/local"
- "Save Changes"
- exit menuconfig again
- in order to compile version 1.10 through I had to remove the directory
   "modules/mi_xmlrpc/" (don't know if this is still necessary)
- gmake clean
- gmake install
- modify in /usr/local/etc/opensips/opensips.cfg:
    log_facility=LOG_LOCAL1
- add in /etc/syslog.conf:
    local1.* /var/log/opensips.log

This way I could start opensips with "opensipsctl start|restart|stop" from
everywhere in the tree and also have a separate logfile

The binaries get installed under "/usr/local/sbin/" and the modules and
libraries under "/usr/local/lib64/opensips/" (it's an amd64 FreeBSD,
in i386 it will possibly be "/usr/local/lib/opensips/").

In order to know exactly what files get installed, you can run the
compilation under the supervision of script(1) and seek for the
directories and files manually.

Torsten