[OpenSIPS-Users] Negative reply on Re-Invite terminates billing

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Thu Sep 19 15:51:39 CEST 2013

Hey All,
Using 1.10 I'm seeing a weird problem with Re-Invites. Using the cdr_flag, I'm expecting a good duration number to be reported by the acc module. However, what I'm seeing is really weird. If I look at a trace, it looks proper. Per RFC we're support to ignore a non-200 reply to a reinvite as long as it isn't a 481 or 408. I'm getting a 488 once, then 486.

Once I get the 486, it appears that the billable portion of the call ends.. but.. the call continues (per RFC, neither endpoint tries to end the call). Then.. some time later a BYE comes from one of the endpoints. At this point, I'd kinda expect OpenSIPs to reply with a 481, but nope! It relays the BYE just fine.

So, it's ending billing, but… not killing the dialog? I thought these were intrinsically linked?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brett

--