[OpenSIPS-Users] fr_timer not working properly

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 03:09:48 CEST 2013

Hello,
I have some servers running opensips 1.10 commit
bfd86ab25554082053167a82655e669ca1c0ea7c

I am seeing an issue in them that i cannot reproduce in other servers:
the fr_timer is not respected.
I set tm fr_timer=5 and use sipp to make a call and make opensips to send
the call to an address that is not being listened by any app like
127.0.0.1:5010.
In these servers, sometimes timeout happens after 6, 9, 12 seconds but
never (so far after) 5 seconds.
But in other machines, fr_timer is consistently respected.
So I am trying to figure out what would be causing this.
Does anyone have any idea of configuration of the server that could cause
this?
The only significant difference I see is that on the problematic servers
corosync was installed for HA (to control opensips switchover) but I don't
see how this could have such impact.

Regards,
Takeshi