[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensip as transaprent inbound proxy for asterisk

bluerain frank21118 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 14 19:58:52 CEST 2013

thx for the suggestion, but anything "after the fact" (what I mean is once
gets into asterisk script or context), is no good.

What I am trying to accomplish is to have asterisk pick the correct context
base on the sippeers table.  The only way asterisk will identify by is the
user name in the URL (which most likely is the original ANI) or by the
actual source IP address at the network layer.

Other then messing around and try to modify the source code of asterisk, it
probably will not work.

I did came up with a work around where I use open sips to modify the
username (the ANI) and then have asterisk put back the original ANI after it
pick the correct context.  I just thought if there is a "cleaner" way of
doing it by having opensips somehow modify the source IP at the network
layer.  Or what I mean is that opensips will act like a transparent proxy
where asterisk does not it exist and think that the call actually came from
"outside"

Anyhow thx.  By the way do you know (on my new topic) why opensips stops
update the location table in a few hours (I think) after inital boot?

Or what would cause that?

Thx!