[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips for route traffic only

Ali Pey alipey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 16:21:24 CET 2013

Hello,

There are many ways you can do this. It depends on how many soft clients
you have.

Here is my recommendation:
1- Have all the phones register to your opensips. Asterisk does not need to
know about the registrations and can send/receive all calls only to/from
opensips.
2- Use the load balancer or dispatcher module to equally balance the
incoming load to both your asterisk servers. The load balancer would also
know if one asterisk server is down and will direct all calls to the other
or you can add more asterisk servers in the future. You could disable a
server to go to drain mode or assign resources.
3- For outbound, you could use drouting module to define rules and have
alternate routes.
4- You could also use the dial plan module for additional manipulation or
rules.

Regards,
Ali Pey