[OpenSIPS-Users] Dynamic Routing for calls towards gateways

Ollie Potts ollie at stourmarine.net
Thu Nov 14 15:24:02 CET 2013

Hi all,

I’ve noticed some very strange behaviour with our opensips config and can’t seem to figure out why it is happening.

I use this method (brief) to determine when to use dynamic routing,

	if (is_method("INVITE")) {

		t_on_failure("missed_call");

		if(!is_from_gw()) {

				### xlog("Call from downstream account");
				if(do_routing("0")){  }

		}

}

In this case, it uses drouting for any invites that do not originate from our gateways. However, if we receive a call from a gateway destined for a number that is not local, it then tries to send the call back to the gateway using dynamic routing, causing a loop. The invite messages loop 10 times and then the failure route is called.

I would like it to call the failure route immediately if it cannot find the number locally, rather than send an invite back to the originating gateway.

Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks,
Ollie