[OpenSIPS-Users] Event-RabbitMQ (and Event in general): pvar for event names

Bobby Smith bobby.smith at gmail.com
Fri May 24 07:21:12 CEST 2013

Greetings list,

I'd like to be able to use a pvar in the subscribe function for the event
interface like so:
subscribe("$avp(event_name)", "$avp(rabbit_url)")

Where event_name would be like E_CUSTOM_SUBSCRIBE and url would be
"rabbitmq:localhost/$fU"

I know this is not supported yet and I'd be interested in implementing it,
but understanding how pvars work is kinda tough without documentation.
Also, it seems like you have to have a sip_msg in context for the function
to translate a pvar into it's data type, but in the event interface it's
not passed in.

Any thoughts?  I'd prefer not to use an infinite case statement: my use
case is having a 1.9.x route block with param() calls that pass in the
event name and the pvar for the queue name to subscribe to.

Thanks list!