[OpenSIPS-Users] Early Media with OpenSIPS

Kchitiz Saxena kchitiz.saxena at gmail.com
Thu May 16 08:30:19 CEST 2013

Hi
We are planning to have OpenSIPS working as a proxy in our network and
MediaProxy as media relay/proxy.
We have a requirement of early media which is a bit different from general
or usual early media concept. In my case, the calling party and called
party need to have a media path before the final answer for following:
1. Calling party should be able to send video stream and called party
should be able to receive the same before the called party send a final
response(2XX) for the INVITE (Lets say after 183)
2. Both the parties should be able to send and receive audio streams.

This is different from general early media used in IVR like system where
only called party sends audio stream to calling party.

Is it possible to have this feature when OpenSIPS is acting as a proxy in
between and doing things like NAT traversal? Does OpenSIPS require any
special configuration/change to achieve this?

Thanks
Kchitiz