[OpenSIPS-Users] Detect failed SIP server

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 04:00:24 CET 2013

Hi Bogdan-Andrei,

Thanks so much for your reply. Previously, I thought that the detection
mechanism works as follows. The outbound proxy sends an OPTIONS message to
an internal SIP server every 3 seconds (ds_ping_interval). If the outbound
proxy fail to receive the reply message three times (ds_probing_threshhold)
in a row, it regards the internal SIP server as dead. With tr_timer, the
outbound proxy can correctly detect the status of an internal SIP server as
expected.

The internal SIP server is enforced to stop in my test environment.

Best regards,
Chen-Che